Sunday, February 7, 2010

How we met:)


I have been scrapbooking for many years, long before I had children. I actually have scrapbooks from highschool filled with homecomings, birthdays, and gradweeks. I have always focused on the pictures, and I have always tried to get as many pics on a single page as possible. I don't do much journaling mainly because I hate my handwriting. A lightbulb went off in my head the other day while I was flipping through a scrapbooking magazine, yes that is something you can do with one hand while breastfeeding:), it isn't always about the pics, it's more about the story of that particular moment in time. Life goes by so fast and one way to capture a moment is with a picture, but each picture has a story that needs to be told. So I have decided, bad handwriting and all, I need to tell more stories and not worry so much about getting the best picture or about squeezing a million pics on a page. After all aren't I making these to help tell stories from my past, so my kids and their kids can see where they come from and what we were like back in "the good old days". So my first attempt to tell more of a story and capture a moment from my past.
It dawned on me the other day that I had never scrapbooked a page for just me and Jason. I have plenty of pages with Jason in them, but not one of just me and Jason. Since I am working more on telling stories why not start with the story of how Jason and I met. I think this page will be a wonderful page to add to my book, I think this will be a wonderful page for my kids to read about how we met. And the picture, nothing fancy, taken at the trailer on our 5th anniversary:)

No comments:

Post a Comment